Dear Friends,
I am HR in a NGO. I have several doubts. Do the Labour Acts of factories cover the workers of NGO. This is a hospital set up with 110 employees. Is there any seperate rules that govern service sectors. Please help!

From India , Madras
Hi Priyalakshmi,
There Is A Act Called "karnataka Shops And Commercial Establishment Act" To Regulate The Service Industries (even For Software Industries Also).
So Please Go Through This Act. This Books Is Available In "karnataka Law Journal Publications, Gandhinagar, Bangalore - 560 009".
Bharath Dwajh .a.s.

From India , Bangalore
Dear Bharath,

The Act says, in 3. Excemptions:
3. The persons whose work is intermittent such as drivers, care takers, watch & ward staff .

These people come under excemptions. Which Act will apply to these catogary. Please help

From India , Madras
Hi Priyalakshmi,
For This Purpose You May Contact The "labour Office, Bangalore Diary Circle, Bangalore". The Concerned Labour Officer Will Help You Definitely.
You May Contact A Consultant Who Is Good In This Issues.
Mr. Malleshwarappa - 9880206014 For Further Confirmation.
Bharath Dwajh .a.s.

From India , Bangalore
If you want to answer of your question please refer Industrial Dispute Act, that the Section 2 of this Act will solve your problem if you want to know any thing more drop me a mail…
Adv. Abhay

From India ,
Dear friends,
The Industrial dispute Act says….

but does not include--

Explanation.--For the purposes of this sub-clause, "agricultural
operation" does not include any activity carried on in a plantation as
defined in clause (f) of section 2 of the Plantations Labour Act,
1951 (69 of 1951); or
(2) hospitals or dispensaries; or
(3) educational, scientific, research or training institutions;
(4) institutions owned or managed by organisations wholly or
substantially engaged in any charitable, social or philanthropic
service; or
(5) khadi or village industries; or
(6) any activity of the Government relatable to the sovereign
functions of the Government including all the activities carried on by
the departments of the Central Government dealing with defence
research, atomic energy and space; or
(7) any domestic service; or
(8) any activity, being a profession practised by an individual
or body or individuals, if the number of persons employed by the
individual or body of individuals in relation to such profession is
less than ten; or
(9) any activity, being an activity carried on by a co-operative
society or a club or any other like body of individuals, if the number
of persons employed by the co-operative society, club or other like
body of individuals in relation to such activity is less than ten;]

Which Act covers the above.......

From India , Madras
in this matter google will help you you just visit the web and get all the detail With Regards Puneet Bhasin 9990686878
From India , Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™