Dear Friends,
This is chakradhar working as HR - Executive in A Manufacturing industry. Just I would like to know what is disciplinary procedure to take any serious action (like termination or retrench) on senior employee and trainee.
As per our stanidng orders we have a disciplinary procedure like Issuance of 3 written Warning letters and after that we aretaking action basing on seriousness of mistake.
What is the correct procedure. Plz suggest me.

From India , Visakhapatnam
Dear Mr Chakradhar, Nice question and here is my clarification pl. First of all pl. let me know what are the mistakes the concerned did it.

Whatever may be the case, first you will havg to issue a letter of show-cause notice asking him why not the Management can take the disciplinary action against the mistake he has done it and mention that the concerned should send his/her reply within 3 days. You will have to get the reply from the employee for this notice within 3 days and if you have not received any reply issue the second letter refering the first show-cause notice also again with 2 days you should get the reply. If not last and final issue the third letter referring the previous 2 show-cause notices. Wait for a day and no reply even now, then the management can take action in the case of permanent employee irrespectively whether he / she is senior or junior.

In case of trainee what is the offer letter issued to the concerned trainee says. Pl. read the offer letter once again and you would have covered one clause similar to that " on any deviation from his regular duties or involving any kind of malpracticies
his services may be terminated with immkediate effect " . However, you may call the trainee and warn him if the mistake what he has done is pardonable one and if it is serious you may terminate him by giving a letter. Because he is a still trainee only and you need not issue any warning or show-cause notice to him.

- thanks - ramani ( P Venkataramani - Bangalore ):lol::smile:;-)

Again Ramani here...

In case you get the reply from the permanent employee, you will have call for an enquiry at a date suitable to you. Before the qenquiry you will have to employee one Enquiry officer ( within the Company any senior employee may be an enquiry officer but not from HR). In the enquiry three should be present viz., (1) HR rep. 2) Enquiry Officer and (3) the Cncerned charge sheeter. At the enquiry HR and the Enquiry Officer can ask qauestions and take the clarifications from the charge sheeter. After the enquiry the Mangement decide accordingly.

From India , New Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server