To learn about the right and wrong ways to manage people, please read the article Leadership, Good or Bad <link updated to site home>
Best regards, Ben
Author "Leading People to be Highly Motivated and Committed"
From United States , Tampa
From India , New Delhi
From India , Patna
From India , Bhopal
Simple....." They don't hire you for the sake of it,they hire you so that you can make Profit(fullfilling your KRA's) to them.
You want to be the fittest : When you give them more than the Profit expected from you !
Here the meaning of Profit is :
For HR - Recruit the best who gives best ROI to the company.
For Sales - Sales on Traget or one who earns max incentives by Sales.
For Marketing - Getting the best Market Share
For Operations - ZERO error in work
For HOD - Manganing the above as one unit.
For CEO - Making all above understand the Vision and mission of company and give new business models and best turnover.
The Survival of fittest is different for different unit and work. :)
From India , Mumbai
For that, understand yourself, I mean, your weaknesses, strengths, have all emotions (without emotions, you will merely a log), admit your mistakes, have your own opinions (of course no imitations).....stand on earth (be humble)......don't fly in the air (no headweight).....stay with your collegues....support/help your subordinates.......be a good friend (a friend in need is a friend indeed)...acquire all human values......as Socretes said, spend half an hour a day for thinking and planning your future course....definitely you will be successful.
From Qatar ,
it's a matter of playing the given role as per the customer requirments,
but there will be uncertainity for always , so far no one can think all matters as survival fittest- second it's survival policy will not good enough for the humanity,
if it's there no gandhian will not be killed, earlier it's understood, such policy anywhere will not workable.
From India , Madurai
The most important thing to be discussed here and keep that in mind always is
1) Be yourself
2) Live each and every moment of ur life (Accepting all Ups & Downs.....U may laugh latter in your life on urself)
3) Learn from ur failures & always accept them
4) And face each and every situation fearfully.........u don't have to fear to anyone in this world..........for all this Belive in yourself
Keep this simple funda in ur life & enjoyeeee!
From India , Mumbai
From India , Bangalore
8. Team skills.
9. Eye contact.
12. Follow rules.
14 Good attitude.
15. Writing skills.
16. Driver's license.
18. Advanced math.
20. Good references.
21. Being drug free.
22. Good attendance.
23. Personal energy.
24. Work experience.
25. Ability to measure.
26. Personal integrity.
27. Good work history.
28. Positive work ethic.
29. Interpersonal skills.
30. Motivational skills.
31. Valuing education.
32. Personal chemistry.
33. Willingness to learn.
34. Common sense.
35. Critical thinking skills.
36. Knowledge of fractions.
37. Reporting to work on time.
38. Use of rulers and calculators.
39. Good personal appearance.
40. Wanting to do a good job.
41. Basic spelling and grammar.
42. Reading and comprehension.
43. Ability to follow regulations.
44. Willingness to be accountable.
45. Ability to fill out a job application.
46. Ability to make production quotas.
47. Basic manufacturing skills training.
48. Awareness of how business works.
49. Staying on the job until it is finished.
50. Ability to read and follow instructions.
51. Willingness to work second and third shifts.
52. Caring about seeing the company succeed.
53. Understanding what the world is all about.
54. Ability to listen and document what you have heard.
55. Commitment to continued training and learning.
56. Willingness to take instruction and responsibility.
57. Ability to relate to coworkers in a close environment.
58. Not expecting to become a supervisor in the first six months.
59. Willingness to be a good worker and go beyond the traditional eight-hour day.
60. Communication skills with public, fellow employees, supervisors, and customers.
61. Political sensitivity.
62.Business and commercial awareness.
64. Understanding funding streams and mechanisms.
66. Organization and control.
68. Communication and persuasion.
69.Networking and public relations.
71.Positive work ethic.
72. Good attitude.
73.Desire to learn and be trained.
Or improve your technical knowledge administrative human resource and leadership skills.
From United Arab Emirates , Dubai
Friends, some of you have really quoted good skills to survive in this corporate world like Communication, EQ, People skills, etc. I also think that this skills are required to survive but what I feel is that if you are presentable i.e. you have a good command over your and a good body language then your 90% task is done as you will not fall back on your attitude front.
From India , Delhi
From United States , Oakland
But question is how to do this? What are the essentials to do it? What are the secrets? What is wrong and what is right? Actually the answer to all above questions is that there is no answer.
So far what I have observed that itís not only hard skills on the job which makes a successful career itís actually a smart combination of soft skills too. Now when we say soft skills it can be smart time management, infectious enthusiasm, graceful attitude, strong language hold, nice corporate finesse, powerful dressing, and etc. these all skills can be tested right from one client lunch too board room meetings. People with these all attributes with sound knowledge of their work can only survive in corporate or they will make others stay comfortable whom they want to stay...after all itís a cut throat competition out there..:lol:
From India ,