8th October 2008 From India , Lucknow
Quality standards are defined as documents that provide requirements, specifications, guidelines, or characteristics that can be used consistently to ensure that materials, products, processes, and services are fit for their purpose.
Standards provide organizations with the shared vision, understanding, procedures, and vocabulary needed to meet the expectations of their stakeholders. Because standards present precise descriptions and terminology, they offer an objective and authoritative basis for organizations and consumers around the world to communicate and conduct business.
Organizations turn to standards for guidelines, definitions, and procedures that help them achieve objectives such as:
• Satisfying their customers’ quality requirements
• Ensuring their products and services are safe
• Complying with regulations
• Meeting environmental objectives
• Protecting products against climatic or other adverse conditions
• Ensuring that internal processes are defined and controlled
16th July 2019 From India,