There are many allowances
1. Conveyance - 9600 yearly non -taxable
2. Lunch Allowance - taxable (Sodexo coupons 1200 to 1500 per month non-taxable)
3. Leave Travel Allowance (LTA) can claim once in 2 yearsamount equal to 2 yrs. basic salary,does not includd lodging , boarding & food expenses
4. House Rent Allowance(HRA) yearly 40% of basic for non-metros (pune)& 50% of basic for metro cities - non -taxable
5. Educational Allowance upto Rs.12000 yearly non-taxable
6. Medical Reimbursement more than Rs.15000/- is taxable, bills required
7. Sales Commission taxable
8. Pf - non- Taxable
9. Gratuity - non-taxable
10. ESI non-taxable
Hope this will help.......
16th January 2009 From India , Mumbai
Pls. confirm whether it is mandatory for Lower Cadre Employees Also..Drivers, Gunmans, Peon..Is there any specific guideline /Acts of States/Central..etc..
Pls. provide a format for the above mentioned...
4th February 2009 From India , Calcutta